Are you interested in our sustainability efforts? Please find some information about our measures below.
- When selecting projects, sustainable aspects are taken into account (quality, material, costs, effort, etc.).
- The Lilu Light Festival Lucerne is supporting preferably cooperation with local partners in the field of technology, gastronomy, hotel business, and many more. This focus promotes short transport routes, local jobs and strengthens the economic cycle in the Lucerne-Lake Lucerne Region.
- The catering stands work with a reusable concept to keep the amount of waste as small as possible. In addition, all partners are encouraged to pay attention to waste separation and the correct disposal of materials.
- Whereever possible, reusable materials are used in the infrastructure area or for visitor guidance measures.
- The cooperation with RailAway enables easy and uncomplicated arrival and departure by public transport.
- The cooperation with Luzern Hotels promotes overnight packages increases the average length of stay in Lucerne and strengthens the economy.
- The light installations are all barrier-free accessible. The Lilu Light Festival Lucerne is supported by the Cerebral Foundation.
Lilu Village: You’ll see the light!
Have you already noticed that there will be a small Lilu-Village in front of the KKL?
In the “Dörfli”, the focus is on raising the awareness of festival visitors on the topic of energy. At various installations you can generate energy yourself using a hand crank, a bicycle or a lemon. In addition, the actual power consumption of the Lilu Light Festival will be shown and compared with everyday activities. This should open the eyes of many a festival visitor.
The Lilu Light Festival is suitable for all generations. An age restriction applies only to special events.
The Lilu is mostly barrier-free. The tour is accessible for people with limited mobility with a slight route adaptation (see festival map). Please note that the alleys and squares in the old town are mostly cobblestone and assistance may be needed. There are also barrier-free toilets accessible, which can be used with the Eurokey. In some indoor installations there are reserved areas for wheelchair users. If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail:
Of course, Lilu Light Festival Lucerne also takes the impending energy situation very seriously. For this reason, the 4th edition will take place in a reduced form. The festival management is also in constant exchange with the municipality of lucerne and various organizers of other light festivals.
- In 2023, approximately 30% less electricity will be consumed than in previous festival years.
- In 2023 30% fewer installations are planned, among other measures, the staging of the Water Tower and a large part of the old town will not be illuminated.
- Almost all light installations will be powered with LED lamps. The majority of the light installations will only be in operation for four hours a day.
- The street lighting at the staged locations will be switched off as far as possible.
- The Lilu Light Festival Lucerne uses Lucerne hydroelectricity, which is produced in the heart of the city.
- Further measures are being developed and will be added to the website on an ongoing basis.
12 - 22 January 2023
Daily from 6pm - 10pm
Daily between 4.45pm and 10pm
Daily from 6pm to 10pm